UNDP and the UN
The Bahrain United Nations Country Team (UNCT) is composed of 17 UN entities. The UNCT entities with in-country presence in Bahrain are:
- International Organization for Migration (IOM)
- United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
- United Nations Environment, West Asia Region (UNEP)
- United Nations Industrial Development Organization - Investment and Technology Promotion Office (UNIDO-ITPO)
- United Nations Information Centre in Manama (UNIC)
- World Meteorological Organization, Regional Office for West Asia (WMO)
Non-resident agencies that participate in the UNCT include:
- Food and Agricultural Organization (FAO)
- International Labour Organization (ILO)
- Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR)
- United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
- United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
- United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN Women)
- United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
- United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN Habitat)
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC)
- United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
The UNCT, comprising all heads of UN entities listed above, is chared by the United Nations Resident Coordinator and comes together at regular intervals, to address issues relevant to the United Nations' work in Bahrain, ranging from programmatic engagement to common or shared facilities and services.
The UNCT aims at enhancing interagency coordination and decision making at the country level, and allows for individual agencies to plan and work together, as part of the United Nations Development System, to ensure delivery of results in support of national develompent goals and priorities, including the 2030 Economic Vision, the Government Action Plan, as well as the implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and to promote the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals.
In carrying out the above activities, the UNCT operates in Bahrain under the United Nations Strategic Partnership Framework (2018-2021), signed between the Government of Bahrain and the United Nations in October 2017.